Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm 30!

I've been thinking a lot about turning 30 this past week. I've always dreaded the thought of this birthday because it seemed so...old. I know that is silly to think when facing 40, 50 or 60, but I really was having issues! After talking to a great friend, I've decided to think of it differently. She reminded me to remember what I was doing at 20 and that put this whole day into the category of CELEBRATION!

At 20 I was living in CA with a roommate. I was working as a dental assistant for a Dr I loved (and still do, he was the best boss I've ever had) and a staff that I was very close to. I had earned a 1 year degree from the Technical College and was attending Junior College part-time to work towards an AA degree. I was attended a huge church that I loved, and had lots of friends. I was also broke. I desperately wanted to get married and start a family and there was no one around me that fit that bill! I didn't have a 4 year degree, and although I loved the people I worked with, wasn't doing my dream job. I also missed nearly every single important holiday and event at home which really got to me after 3 years away.

I think about my life now, at 30 and feel so thankful. I am married to the man of my dreams. I have a beautiful, healthy daughter whom I adore and another baby on the way! I get to do my dream job- stay at home with Macy and love on her all day every day. Our family is the best ever. I have my teaching degree and some experience under my belt. I am spoiled daily by tons of close friends with encouragement, laughter, companionship, support, prayer and love. I'm very involved in church and am growing spiritually. Gabe and I live in an awesome house that we own! I have a car that has a heater!

Why would I want to be anything younger and take away any of THIS?? Bring it on, 30, I've never been happier!
Today was one of those days that I feel overwhelmed with all the people that love me. Truly, one of the best birthdays ever. Besides facebook, (which is the BEST on your birthday) I had people sing to me 4 times, 1 of those included my husband and daughter, I had about 6 lovely conversations with wonderful friends and caught up on life with all of them, tons of text messages, I received 3 bouquets of gorgeous flowers and had 3 special visitors bearing treats. All that with my Mom, Sister, 2 of my best friends out of town and a husband who had to work tonight. :) I think that's why I was so touched, because I had very low expectations this year!

Gabe gave me perhaps the best gift of all. He green lighted a trip I've been dying to take to go visit my friend Heather in Boise for a girl's weekend! I booked the trip today, May 26-28, I'm going alone to ID to celebrate Heather and my 30th like the grown-ups we are sans Macy!!!!!! Can you hear the excitement? Imagine... No schedule. Sleeping in. The spa. Movies. No high chair to clean for miles and dinner OUT with grownups!!!!!! AAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!

He also mowed the lawn today which I count as a gift. :)

The last wonderful highlight of the day was a gift from the Lord. Blue sky and sunshine. It was warm enough for Macy and I to play outside before dinner (which was pizza with my Dad!) and it was good for my soul to have some sunshine.
I think we found Macy's new favorite past-time. Watching her Daddy mow the lawn. She watched the whole time. Not a peep. Also not a smile. :) It was darling.

1 comment:

  1. Macy Megaroo is about the cutest baby girl EVER. Miss you guys. =o)

    ReplyDelete