Monday, December 27, 2010

What a day, she's 1!!!!

Macy Megan Gustafson's 1st Birthday Party!!!!!!!!!

After 5 days straight of being gone from one party to another, and Gabe having been working non-stop, we talked and decided the best way for us to get everything done that we needed to before the party tonight, and for Macy to still have a fun day was to call up our favorite babysitter Anna Banana and give ourselves a few hours to get everything ready!
By the time 4:30 rolled around, we were all dressed, the house was clean, dinner was done, closets were even organized!!!!

Macy is so loved. Besides our little family, we had Great Grandpa Boyd, Great Grandma VK, Grandpa, Grammy, Auntie Kate, Uncle Bryce, Cousin Heidi, Luke, Annie, Abbie, Ellie Gale, Auntie Mimi Sharon, & Uncle Craig. 16 bodies in our house is a little crowded, but fun!

We had dinner and then opened presents. Poor Macy either ate too much at Anna's house, hit overload, was exhausted, was bothered by the noise... who knows? She threw up twice at dinner and then wanted to be pretty much left alone. Hard to do with irresistible triplet cousins around!
Abbie, Bryce and Annie.

I got these balloons for the party and Macy liked them for a little bit! :)


Macy's "Cake!" I love this idea! It's going to be tradition. I don't use this awesome cupcake tree enough (wedding present from the Myhre family) and Mom gave me a cookbook full of ideas on how to decorate cupcakes. I want to make that a yearly event.
We love you Macy Megan! We are so glad God blessed us with YOU!

Singing happy birthday. Love this one, it looks like Ellie's hair is fireworks!

What a haul! I had no idea the double duty having a birthday so close to Christmas does for a person!!!!! Macy got darling clothes, books, toys, $, a bath bubble machine, bowls for her high chair, even a picture frame! My wonderful cousin Heidi made a movie of Macy's first year of life which was the highlight of the party for me. Gabe and I talked later tonight and he said it made him cry. I couldn't agree more. Can't wait to show everyone I know who will sit through it, what a special, amazing gift. Thank you so much Heidi!


Auntie Kate went Gymboree crazy again. :) Just wait for the decked out photos to come when we put the whole she-bang on our little darling. Luke saw this and goes, "It's a costume!" :)
This was Macy's gift from Gabe and I. We got her cups. I know it sounds lame, but she is obsessed with the half set at my mom's from 1983 and I wanted some for our house for those days she spends time in the pack and play while I'm cooking!
Mom went crazy on Macy and got her the most darling clothes! This will be her Easter dress.

After presents, we watched the video Heidi made and Macy spent the whole time in her wagon from her Great Grandma!!!! Grandma kept laughing and shaking her head at the chaos that happens when all those kids are together.




This is the toy we got Macy for Christmas and the Gale Gang tried it out for us. It was a hit!
Thank you everyone for making Macy's first birthday party such a fun memory. Gabe and I are touched with your overwhelming love for us and our daughter. We love you all very much and are so thankful you were here to share this special day with us! Can't wait to see you all next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment