Monday, February 28, 2011

My FREE day!

Katie and I went to Alderwood Mall today and it was the best day I've had in a long time!

Started by dropping Macy off with Anna at 8:30 AM, went over and picked up Katie, we got coffee on the road, a quick errand to my Mom's work, and were on the freeway by 9:30 AM. Headed straight to Nordstroms!

We had lunch at Claim Jumpers which was probably a highlight for me. The food there is so delicious and it's been awhile since I've had a lunch without any child around to feed, clean up after, entertain... Katie and I talked about American Idol, some work drama, and just...life stuff. I think we sat there for over an hour just laughing and catching up. It was AWESOME! Equally awesome was my actual lunch, their BBQ Chicken Salad with a cornbread muffin. Delicious!

After lunch, we went to find the TJ MAXX by the Everett Mall and scored some really cute stuff there before heading home.

When I picked up Macy, I was thrilled to see her! I missed her! What a feeling!

A day away was good for my attitude for sure. Something about not being on a schedule, allowing yourself to be selfish for a couple hours, and not having any responsibility. I was so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment