Saturday, September 25, 2010

A delicious new, easy, QUICK dinner recipe

A friend gave me several recipes to try months ago and tonight was the night for the first one.

SHRIMP PASTA

So easy and delicious, Gabe rated it a 7 1/2 and I gave it an 8. Pretty good for a healthy and different dinner!!!

What you need to make it:
1 lb penne pasta
1 lb shrimp (I bought the frozen kind at Costco, precooked without tails and used half)
1 lb asparagus
grape tomatoes
pesto
parmesan cheese

What you do to make it:
*Let frozen shrimp de-thaw and drain in a colander in the sink.
*Boil the pasta for 11 minutes with a pinch of salt.
*Wash and cut up the asparagus into 1 inch pieces and with about 4 minutes left for pasta to finish cooking, add to pasta in the same pot.
*Pour pasta and asparagus over the shrimp in the colander.
*Dump whole mixture back into pot to stir and add cherry tomatoes to pot (I left these out and added as many as I liked to my bowl which worked great too).
*Add as much or little pesto as you like to your own bowl and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment