Monday, March 1, 2010

Break in

Just finished talking to the Whatcom County Police Department. Gabe left this morning and came back in to tell me his car had been broken into. Unbelievable. We live in a nice neighborhood and I feel very safe here... then, this! The sort-of funny part is, the car they broke into was a '96 Toyota Tercel that has been broken into before and has many problems. :) Gabe uses it to commute to Anacortes for work, and keeps nothing in there and leaves it unlocked at all times. There was no mistake someone had been in there, though. Even his backgammon board was open and gone through. SO IRRITATING.

I would have taken a picture, but Gabe had my camera packed for the road trip he's taking today! He saw this show a couple weeks ago about the best 10 burger places in America, and realized the best looking one was at a place called "Big Juds" in Boise, ID, which just happened to be the closest to us. He enlisted his friend Tyler to go with him and try it out! They are off, all excited for the burger they will eat tonight. He took my camera to document it all! I'll post pictures when he gets home tomorrow night. I tell you, my man is dedicated!

4 comments:

  1. Matt told me they were going on an adventure. Now he's watching that show!!! So funny! I hope he likes it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the break-in...that just stinks!! Hope the road trip is a success for Gabe. Can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for the days of 10 hr road trips for a burger - NOT!! I'd only drive 10 hours to go see my BFF Judy (and I've done it many times) in Boise! We'll expect a report from Gabe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it that we had coffee for almost 2hrs yesterday and you never said a word about a break in that morning? Did talking about our kiddos take up that much of the conversation?

    ReplyDelete